Thursday, March 10, 2022

March 8 Meeting Notes

Announcements

We welcomed guests Kollin Harmon (our program), and Mark & Maryam Van Horne.

The Century Bike Ride next committee meeting will be March 29, 5:00 at the Hilton Garden Inn.  Everyone welcome.

Not too late to take a shift at the KPQ Home and Garden Show, March 11-13. Just show up anytime.  We need to sell raffle tickets and promote Rotary.  Speaking of raffle tickets, Earl said we have sold 865 tickets, almost 20% of our goal of 5000.  If you don't want to sell tickets, how about buying $50 - $100 worth to support our club's fundraising efforts.  This is a project for everyone in the club.

District Conference in Wenatchee May 12-15, and District Training (zoom) on March 19 (9-12:00).  Watch for links to registration and more information coming soon.

Women in Rotary will meet at the Residence Inn at 5:00 on March 15. 

Looking ahead, our club will be doing the Pybus Takeovers (greeting) at some of the summer Farmer's Market again.  They will be the third Saturday in June, July, and August, and on June 18 we'll kick off the summer with a "Strut Into Summer" Pet Parade.

Jackie and Carol won "wine walk" tickets for answering Rotary trivia questions. However, the club was lacking in being able to recite the 4-Way Test.  We may have to do this again for a few weeks to remind us all that the 4-way test (of what we say and do) is a key part of Rotary ethics.  Who first proposed the 4-Way Test?

Brags & Confessions

Kelly's granddaughter is on the honor roll with a 3.7 GPA.

Chris reinjured his toe, so is back in a boot.  They had family visiting from Portland and Iowa.

Ruth's son has been deployed somewhere as a Special Forces helicopter pilot.

Jackie has had fun with 6 girlfriend dates in the last week (sorry Dan).

Kathleen did a 28 mile roundtrip bike ride to Anjou Bakery to start her training for our Century Ride in September.

Program

Some of our members (Alan, Wayne, Robin and Kathleen) came incognito to avoid any investigative recognition by our speaker.

Kollin Harmon, Private Investigator, told us about his career journey that ended in Wenatchee with opening his PI office, Harmon Associates.  Here is a summary of his talk:

My name is Kollin Harmon, and I have recently opened a Private Investigation, Security and Consulting firm in Wenatchee.  I have 20 years of experience in law enforcement, security, white collar crime, fraud investigations, political corruption and conflict of interest investigations.  I am experienced in interviewing and interrogations, due diligence inquiries, covert surveillance, location and skip-tracing, litigation support, process service, risk mitigation, loss prevention, courtroom preparation and testimony, non-inclusive.  I pride myself on doing complete, thorough work and will diligently assist you in your needs.  I will work tirelessly to find the answers that you need or complete a task that is delegated to my firm.

My family comes from Pennsylvania and we moved to Wenatchee, WA 2 years ago.  My wife, Dr. Kimberly Skelding is an Interventional Cardiologist at Confluence Health.  She began the TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) heart program here in central Washington. She has been a practicing Physician for 20 years.  We have two children who are thriving here in Wenatchee and are currently building our “dream home” in Sunnyslope. 

I worked as an Undercover Investigator, Personal Protection Agent/Bodyguard, Drug Investigator, Special Investigator for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of Inspector General and The Office of Attorney General.  I was lastly employed as a parole officer and Special Deputy United States Marshal as a member of their Fugitive Task Force.  I retired in 2013 to become a stay at home father to my daughter and son, who are older now, which is one of the reasons I had decided to open my own Private Investigation firm here in Wenatchee. 

As a private investigator, I can perform a myriad of services as listed above.  Most people equate PI firms with marital investigations, however that is a very small part, and one service that I do provide if requested.  One of my favorite tasks is digging through records to find that one small piece of evidence that a client may need.  I call it my “a-ha” moment.  That is very gratifying to me. 

In my leisure time, I have been a musician for 45 years as a drummer, pianist, and vocalist.  My father had been a drummer for countless touring musicians in the 1950’s and 60’s, including The Supremes, Gary US Bonds, Jay and the Americans, Chubby Checker, and  Bobby Rydell to name a few, and toured with the Dick Clark Cavalcade of Stars.

I maintain an office in the Fuller-Quigg Building, 103 Palouse Street, Suite 4.  I am honored to have been invited to speak to the Sunrise Rotary Club, meeting so many fantastic, fun people, and look forward to being a part of the Wenatchee community and the Rotary.  

After Notes

Wayne's ticket was drawn, but not the magic marble.  Pot getting close to $150.

Program next week is Anna Gonzalez, Chelan County Behavioral Health




No comments:

Post a Comment

April 30 Meeting Notes

The meeting was opened by President Craig Reese. Our visitor today was Sally Feil, Dan’s wife.   Announcements   The presidential change...