Wenatchee Sunrise Rotary Club
2019-2020 First Quarter Accomplishments:
- Habitat for Humanity work party
- Awarded “Spouse of the Year” to Julie Banken
- Awarded “The Rotarian who Connects the World” to Wayne Massing
- Fund Raiser – parking cars at the 4th of July event netted $2200
- Presented 2 club members with Rotary Youth Leadership Award training in Penticton, BC
- Fund Raiser – selling beer at The Gorge Amphitheater netted $3071
- Welcomed Adele our Youth Exchange Student from Switzerland
- Hosted family BBQ at Utigard Orchard
- Helped dedicate the new, 2nd picnic shelter at Rotary Park in Wenatchee
- Helped Sage Hills Church with clean up of Westside High School student event
- Club members donated $450 for clothing school kids. The board voted to match the funds
- Club volunteers cleaned up Elaine Church’s yard and painted her deck
- Club sent Zachery Banken to India as a Youth Exchange Student
- Club members donated used reading and prescription glasses to Milt Herman for his Moses Lake Medical Team
- The club donated $1000 to the 2nd Harvest food distribution program
- Club members and spouse helped distribute food for 2nd Harvest food truck
- The club donated $1000 to the Moses Lake Medical Team for their Central America project
- The club donated $500 to the Haiti Clean Water Project (HANWASH)
Brags & ConfessionsChris McDarment bragged about his wine tasting in Walla Walla.
Alan Walker bragged about his beer tasting in Georgetown, and being on the road for the last few meetings.
Lisa Parks, Past Club President, said she had accepted a job at a consulting company in Seattle, but was moving to live in Olympia, Washington. A long commute! She is looking at joining one of the two Rotary Clubs in Olympia. Alan Walker thanked Lisa for her work on the "Our Valley, Our Future" project.
PJ Jones attended the Alatheia Riding Academy's fund raising dinner. Over $325k was raised for operating expenses. Another fundraiser in the future will be for their new building and grounds. Several other club members also attended.