Monday, February 6, 2017

Update from Sami Everhart


Hello Patty and Other at Sunrise Rotary,

I apologize for not getting back to for quite some time. After the change of families things are a little chaotic! But, I am happy to relay everything!

My First/Primary Host Family, the Ottin Bocat's, were absolutely amazing people, very kind and generous. They truly treated me as if I was one of their own. I went on lots of adventures with them, like hiking and eating in a small lodge on the Alps, or going to Rome and Turin with them. Every experience with them was truly a blessing and I am so fortunate to have been with such a wonderful family my first four months of exchange. I cannot tell you how much my first family impacted my life and how much love I have for them. I was very sad to say goodbye to them when I changed host families January 1st, but I know I will be seeing them quite often as we've already went to dinner together last Thursday!

My new family is very different from my first one, but they're are super nice and quite similar to the stereotype of an Italian family, a little crazy and scatterbrained, but loads of fun! My new family has two children, a boy, who is around 20 years old, and a girl, who is around 16 years old. So far, I am getting along with both of them very well. However, being a "middle child" is all new to me and after experiencing what having a "younger sister" is like, I feel like I should apologize to my older sister. I'm joking my host sister is lots of fun to talk to and it's very nice to have a companion during the weekdays. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms in this house. I currently sleep in the brothers room who goes to University on weekdays and then comes home and sleeps on a pull out bed on the weekends. I can't say I don't feel bad for stealing his room... But, then again I can't say I do because I enjoy sleeping on a normal bed, we all have to make sacrifices, mine was coming to Italy to have an experience of a lifetime and his was giving up his bed, pretty evenly matched if you ask me! All joking aside, I am doing quite well so far and am doing quite well in school... in the social aspect anyway... I've made lots of friends and look forward to the weekends to spend time with them. Altogether, things are coming together very well!

I would also love to thank everyone and apologize for not responding very soon to all the loving messages from home and for the Christmas card and Visa card that was sent in the mail! It was very generous and kind of all of you, and I am so grateful to be apart of such a wonderful group of people like yourselves. At times, I cannot believe peoples never-ending kindness and selflessness for others and I thank you for reminding me of this, through all your kind words and support! I would not even be experiencing this without the help of you all and I am forever grateful for everything! I hope you all have a wonderful and prosperous New Year's!

Attached is some photos that I took with my previous family, friends, trips to Sardinia, Rome and photos from Halloween! I hope you enjoy! Also, here is my new address for my second host family ( Via San Clemente 26, Mongrando BI, 13888 )

Best Regards,

Sami Everhart
RYE Student(Italy)




























































No comments:

Post a Comment

March 26 meeting notes

President Craig opened the meeting and welcomed guests Dan Feil (E. Wen Rotary), and Gary Looney (former Sunrise member now in Arizona). Ann...